New webinars in 2015
This Fall (Spring in the global South) vreerwerk will again organise a series of webinars on transgender and intersex developments on the human rights level. The webinars will take some two hours each. We now offer the following themes:
- Rights in the European trans* and intersex theatre. Where do we stand rights-wise? How can we use them to advance our cause on the national level?
- How does the UN system work and how can you use it to improve your national rights situation? This a foundational webinar looking into the UN human rights system. We’ll treat charter based, treaty based and special mechanisms. Some attention will be given to what’s hot.
- Which recent developments are there? What’s cooking at the UN, rights wise? How to strategise for improvement of national legislation? We’ll look at agency reports, advocacy results, activists campaigns. Some background in how to use the UN system is required (see webinar 2)
- How to use the Yogyakarta Principles of human rights on sexual orientation and gender identity and expression (SOGIE) issues in national advocacy? How to monitor national implementation?
- Trans health and human rights. Often states require procedures that are violating your rights. How to fight for improvement of legislation and procedures. We will discuss what to do against unwilling and transphobic doctors. Also we pay attention to the ICD-11 process.
- Plans are being made to offer some basic guidance into doing trans* or intersex (or queer?) advocacy at all. How to engage in this. What to do, what not to do. This is still in development stage. If you are interested let me know!
The costs are 90 euro (incl VAT) per webinar. Rich and well-funded organisations pay double to enable the participation of less wealthy activists. One funder paid double so an activist from Eastern Africa could get a waiver.
When interested send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Or fill this form: [contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]